Donor Advised Funds at AEF: The Difference for Donors
As the nation’s largest independent provider of donor advised funds (DAFs), we give you the freedom to focus on your giving while we take care of all the operational details. DAFs are increasingly the most popular charitable giving vehicle because they are simple to create and use, there is no charge to establish them, fees are minimal, and are a very efficient way to make grants to your favorite charities. We currently serve donors in all 50 states. Feel free to review our library of articles and information that can help you learn more about charitable giving, donor advised funds, and the AEF difference.
What makes AEF different?
- Types of Assets Accepted: We can accept simple assets such as cash and publicly traded securities, as well as privately-held stock, real estate, life insurance, and interests in LPs and LLCs that other charities and DAFs or charities cannot accept.
- Assets held if desired: We do not require the immediate sale of donated assets.
- Investment choices: You may choose to allow your wealth advisor to manage the assets in your AEF donor advised fund account at all levels, regardless if the account size is $10,000 or $10,000,000. This enables you to receive consistent and optimal investment management of these assets.
- Greater reach: You can make your grant recommendations to help causes in your local community, across the USA and the world. AEF does not advocate a particular charitable organization or cause.
- Timetable and amount of giving: You decide when you want to make a grant and how much you want to grant now, during your lifetime, at death, or for generations in the future.
We are unbiased in our work with donors and their advisors. Because we are not the charitable arm of a financial firm, we allow our donors and advisors to manage the investments as they wish. Because we are not affiliated with a local or national charity with a single mission, we strive to help our donors achieve their charitable goals, not ours.
- Low fees
Because of our size, experience and efficiency, our fees are some of the lowest in the industry.
- Tax advantages
Since AEF is a public charity, donors benefit from maximum tax deductions and other advantages not available to private foundations. Upon making a contribution, you’ll receive an immediate and maximum allowable tax deduction separating the tax decision from the grant making decisions. You can then support your favorite charities on your own timetable.
- Convenience and simplicity
American Endowment Foundation provides simple and effective solutions for philanthropic goals. After consulting with you, we can typically establish a fund within the workday.
- Public accountability
We submit to an independent certified audit annually to ensure the quality and security of our operations. Additionally, AEF makes this audit available to the public upon request and our most recent IRS Form 990 is available for public inspection as well.
- Recognition flexibility
You may choose complete anonymity or full recognition for your gifts.
- Concierge service
AEF offers an unparalleled level of personal service. While some donors prefer to grant online and do not need any help, we are always available to talk with you and your advisor to help you engage in your charitable interests.
- Administrative excellence
Our team acts as your virtual staff to ensure that you get all of your questions answered, your mission met, and that your donor-advised fund always runs smoothly and in compliance with IRS regulation.
- Education and resources
AEF provides education and resources to enable donors to achieve charitable goals. Should you need additional assistance, AEF can refer you to some of the leading philanthropic advisors in the country.
Our experienced staff is available to assist you or your professional advisers in customizing a charitable-giving plan that fits your charitable needs and will effectively meet your goals.
Call us at 1-888-402-9179 or use our contact form to learn more.